Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas All!

Wishing you all much peace and joy as we enter the Christmas season. I am excited to have family and guests over for Christmas at my Dad's house including my Sister in New York, my Grandparents, and my Boyfriend and his Mother. Of course, I always get excited at the holidays because I get to cook a gourmet meal and I love entertaining and hosting visitors. Instead of the traditional turkey, ham, or roast (which are all delicious), I suggested fish. For our Christmas dinner we will be enjoying macadamia nut crusted seared halibut steaks with a citrus butter made of orange, lemon, and lime juices. We will also have sauteed green beans, a sweet potato wild rice pilaf, and baked red potatoes. For dessert we will have an apple crisp and sweet potato pie. Eating seasonally over the holidays can be difficult but I tried to incorporate items like fish and potatoes into the menu to offset some of the long distance ingredients like citrus and macadamia nuts. But then again, it's Christmas! If there is ever one day to splurge on the menu and be festive it would be then. Pictures of our dinner will appear in the coming days. In the meantime, I would love to hear what is on the menu for your Christmas dinner!?

No comments:

Post a Comment