Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Last Day in Argentina

Today is my last day in Argentina. It has been a really great experience so far. I am thinking back to the short ten days I've been here and all the amazing things I've gotten to see and the amazing people I've met.

So, what have a discovered about Argentina that I can share more of?...

Even the tourists in Bariloche speak Spanish

Leather doesn't only come from cows it also comes from capybaras

The latest exchange rate from dollars to pesos is about 1:4

I've learned more about mate than I ever knew before

Venison pate is really good

Walking into a restaurant with half a goat roasting at an open fire is normal

Fresh squeezed orange juice is served at every restaurant

The people I've met in Argentina have a good sense of humor

Volcano ash gets into every nook and cranny

The Black-faced Ibis is a pretty bird

If roosters are to alarm clocks then parrots are too

I must learn more about the famous gaucho Martín Fierro

Oh yeah, people clap when the plane lands. I like that!

That's all for now folks! I will post more about my next adventure when I arrive in Peru! I travel to Peru tomorrow and stay until the 4th. Then back home to Seatte!

No comments:

Post a Comment