Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Day of Strolling the City

Above. Parroquia Nuestra Senora de la Divina Providencia. Where I went to mass.


Above. Santiago skyline as seen from Avenida Andres Bello along the Rio Mapocho. That is a very tall building being constructed. The Andes Mountains are behind all the tall buildings. Unfortunately, it is a bit hazy and far away to see. A higher vantage point will be found by the end of this trip.


Above. Interesting trees, Parque de las Esculturas. Taken especially for Ben.


Above. Ben reassured me it was OK I didn't know a lot of Spanish while traveling to Chile because important symbols would communicate what was good and bad. He was right!


Above. A small park with palm trees near my hotel. See the mountain peeking through?

2 comments:

  1. Cool cathedral! My grandma always said that every time you visit a new church, you should make a special wish :) - Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sweet. I will remember that. I'd like to visit another parroquia.

    ReplyDelete